Now is your opportunity to be part of the fastest growing youth orchestra in the Greater Toronto Area! Help support this talented group of 160+ young musicians.
Who are we?
A registered charity (119043727 RR 0001) with a combined 70 years of history, in 2013 the Halton Youth Symphony and the Mississauga Youth Orchestra merged to form what is now the Oakville Symphony Youth Orchestra (OSYO). Our goal was to become the premiere youth orchestra in the western Greater Toronto Area. Over the years, we have inspired over 4,000 young musicians to achieve excellence through a love of music, while also helping them develop skills of self-esteem, discipline, teamwork, leadership and performance.
Our affiliation with Oakville Symphony and the strength of our reputation attracts musicians from Halton, Peel, Toronto and beyond. We have over 160 musicians from diverse backgrounds, in 4 separate orchestras, ranging in age from 6 to 19.
OSYO welcomes young musicians to a progressive orchestral experience that ignites, encourages and enriches a love of music
OSYO will be recognized for its excellence in development and performances through growth in ll tiers, while balancing capacity and quality
How are we run?
The OSYO is a not for profit charitable corporation (119043727 RR 0001) and is directed by a dedicated volunteer board who meet monthly. OSYO’s daily operation is directed by the board’s appointed executive director.
How are we funded?
With only 5% of our ongoing funding derived from government sources, approximately 80% from registration fees and 15% from ticket sales, we rely on the generosity of our private and corporate supporters to help us continue developing the top orchestral musicians of the future.
We are thankful for the ongoing support of partners within our community:
100% of funds raised through sponsorship are used to support young musicians and encourage a love of music in the broader community.
More about the OSYO:
- more than 70 years combined youth orchestra experience with a proven track record of excellence
- directly affiliated with Oakville Symphony (www.oakvillesymphony.com)
- 160+ musicians across 4 ensembles, including our new Youth Band
- Artistic Director and Symphony Conductor, Colin Clarke is recognized as one of the top youth orchestra conductors in Canada.
- Sinfonia and Philharmonia Conductor, Caron Allen (a cellist, flutist and lifelong music educator) brings a wealth of experience to her work with younger string players
- award-winning Symphony and Philharmonia Orchestras (GOLD! @ National Music Festival)
- 3+ major concerts each season
- opportunity for musicians to participate and shine in the OSYO Ambassador groups (OSYO quartets/quintets have performed at many community events and venues)
- outreach performance opportunities with other adult and youth orchestras
- active, enthusiastic and engaged parent volunteer groups
- participation in youth orchestra festivals (provincial, national, international…including Vienna 2018)
- annual musicians retreat
- financially sound and independent organization
- successful grant submissions to the Ontario Trillium Foundation, Oakville Arts Council and others
- experienced, elected board of directors
- weekly rehearsals with professional conductors
- regular sectional coaching sessions with professional musicians
Single Concert Package, advertising in one of our concert programs
¼ page (business card size) advertisement: $200/concert
½ page (4×5″) advertisement: $400/concert
1 page (8×5″) advertisement: $800/concert
3 Concert Package
¼ page advertisement: $550 (savings of $50)
½ page advertisement: $1100 (savings of $100)
1 page advertisement: $2000 (savings of $400)
Season Sponsorship Levels
|30 sec company promo at each concert||*|
|Company Banner at OSYO concert entrance and logo placed on OSYO posters/flyers||*||*|
|Logo on OSYO banner placed at entrance of OSYO events||*||*||*||*|
|Logo and link on website||On Sponsor page||On Sponsor page||On Home page||On Home page|
|Program advertisement page at all OSYO concerts||½ page||½ page||Full page||Full page Inside front or back cover|
|Season Tickets||2 general admission||4 general admission||6 general admission||6 VIP seating|
|Ambassador Group Performances||1||2||4|
|Logo on back of Orchestra season t-shirts||*|
|Guest conduct one piece at one concert||*|
|Private concert for 250 guests||*|
Please contact our Executive Director with questions or for more information. Sponsorship packages can be customized based on sponsor’s request
Thank you for your interest in supporting us. Your sponsorship will impact 175 young musicians this year!