In the course of operating the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA services, we may collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, birth date and gender. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA service, such as:
- When you choose to purchase a ticket and/or subscription for tickets at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts and opt-in to allow your information to be shared with Oakville Symphony Youth Orchestra
- Enter a OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA promotion or contest
- Choose to receive an OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA newsletter
- If you choose to contact any of our board members, volunteers or staff, including the Music Director, General Manager, Personnel Manager and/or Music Librarian.
We may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter. We may also receive Personal Information from our business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that you have permitted them to share such information. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, email address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as your Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain you may have used to access a OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA service, the type and version of browser or operating system you may be using, and the website you may have come from and visit next.
Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on an OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA service, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us in the course of operating the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA services. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie (as defined herein) or through a Web Beacon (as defined herein) when you choose to visit a OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA service.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA services and information you have requested from us, including your use of the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA site. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA services;
- If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA may send you email materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such email materials, follow the directions posted at the bottom of the email material;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion; or
- OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA may also use Personal Information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
- Who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA services. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA services;
- As may be set out in the Terms & Conditions or Rules & Regulations applicable to a OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA service, to facilitate the provision of such OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA service, such as fulfilling legal requirements;
- As required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
The OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA site may contain links to other websites and services. While we try to link only to sites and services that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other companies or websites.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You can help protect the security of your Personal Information as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your account or registration information.
An IP Address is the unique number which is assigned to every direct Internet access point. Many IP Addresses can generally be associated with certain Internet service providers or large organizations. IP Addresses do not contain any Personal Information.
When you, through your browser, request a web page or similar Internet information from another computer on the Internet, your browser automatically provides that computer with an IP address to which it will send the requested information.
OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA and IP Addresses:
- OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA may use your IP Address to display more appropriate and relevant content and advertising, such as content and advertising based on your geographic area. Aggregate information derived from IP Addresses may be reported by OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA to its advertisers and partners. For example, OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA may report to its advertisers the estimated total number of users accessing a particular OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA site from a specific province;
- OAKVILLE SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA may use your IP Address to facilitate the diagnoses and remedy of a technical problem reported by you or our technical team.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS?